To start as soon as possible, we are seeking an experienced, strategically minded, and dedicated leader in a position as
Country Manager for Indonesia (m/f/d)
The Country Manager will be based in Sumatra Selatan, where he/she will lead the HRNS Indonesia country programme, overseeing a committed team of 24 field and admin staff that currently serve about 15,000 farming families in coffee growing areas of Sumatra Selatan in a bid to improve their livelihoods and environmental footprint.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project cycle and strategic management
- Donor relationships, project development and fund raising
- Team leadership and human resources management
- Financial management
- Liaising with, and reporting to, HRNS HQ in Hamburg, Germany
A flexible, well-organised team player and creative conceptual thinker who can assume responsibility and act independently, and who is purpose-driven and focussed on achieving results and impact. Further qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant leadership experience in agricultural and/or rural development programmes/projects, ideally for iNGOs, international organisations, or donor agencies.
- Strong expertise in at least two of the following topics:
Agricultural extension; Capacity building; Smallholder coffee farming systems; Farm management; Agroforestry; Agricultural value chains; Organizational development; Rural livelihoods; MEAL; Climate change; Networking & building strategic partnerships.
- Experience in Indonesia is a very strong asset, while pragmatic experience with the Indonesian smallholder coffee sector is a significant advantage.
- Self-initiative, and strong communication and reporting skills.
- Accustomed and willing to work under pressure, and to live and work under basic conditions in a remote, rural area.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in English; proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia, or willingness to learn, is a very strong asset.
If you are interested in the position and feel you match the above qualifications and experience, we welcome you to apply. Please send your CV and a cover letter with salary expectations and preferred date of commencement in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 7, 2021
If you have any further questions or require clarifications about the position, please contact Dr. Adrian Bolliger (email@example.com) or Marion Schenk (firstname.lastname@example.org).