For our Hamburg office we are looking for a
Project Accountant (m/f/d)
with controlling knowledge
full time, temporary contract for two years
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide financial aspects of the project portfolios.
- Manage overall finance operations of assigned projects.
- Prepare financial reports and audits.
- Monitor expenditures, forecasts, and reports timely.
- Responsible for budget tracking and management as per cash flow projection and in compliance with finance and procurement guidelines.
- Ensure/Enforce compliance with different grants/donor financial accountability and reporting requirements.
- Review and analysis of international financial statements in accordance with IFRS.
- Participate in the efficient shaping of processes including implementation and training.
- Relevant academic qualifications in Accounting, Financial Management, Economics, or related field.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant professional experience (Project Accounting, Finance etc.), preferably in an NGO setting.
- Significant knowledge and experience of all core financial management activities including accounts payable, cash management, budget development, Statutory requirements, and standard accounts.
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and experience with ERP systems.
- Ability to prioritize work issues to meet multiple deadlines and adjust to changing situations while maintaining focus on follow-through.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills with proven proactive approach and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent skills to communicate effectively with offices/staff in international locations.
- Excellent language skills in German and English are required.
- Positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Hands-on mentality and accurate way of working.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and feel you match the above qualifications and experience, we welcome you to apply. Please send your updated CV and a cover letter with salary expectations and preferred date of commencement to firstname.lastname@example.org by March12, 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.